The Tell me! Level 2 structured writing program contains tools and strategies to support a 6-step writing process. The program utilizes a meta-cognitive approach to help students:
- Determine what they will write through the use of picture or writing prompts;
- Connect with their sensory and background knowledge;
- Develop / identify vocabulary to support their writing exercise;
- Generate a mental picture which they are able to verbalize;
- Share and celebrate
Level 2 of Tell me! focuses upon the following writing genres:
- Compare and Contrast
Strategies are provided to differentiate instruction at a Tier 1, 2, and 3, depending upon the needs of a student. The program can be used in a stand-alone manner or as a complement to other programs. Full use of Tell me! supports achievement of best practice standards issued by the Institute of Educational Sciences on teaching elementary students writing. Tell me! is teacher friendly, and easy to implement. The product format enables teachers to be selective in printing the documents they need from an electronic file rather than a print master. This is useful for organizations attempting to limit printing.
The picture prompts within Level 2 focus on the geographic regions/environments.
- Grade 3 and 4 students at a universal level;
- Grades 5 and 6 (Tier 2)
- Grades 4, 5, 6, and 7 (Tier 3)
- English language learners
- Teacher Manual (Black and white and colour versions)
- Student Workbooks (Print and fillable Form with and without spell check feature)
- Individual work sheets from workbook (Print and fillable form with and without spell check feature)
- 5 age/ grade appropriate picture prompts (large format and smaller format). Pictures are suitable for colouring
- Framing questions (teacher version/size and student size)
- Puzzle piece graphic organizer (teacher version/size and student size)
- Pictograms for use with graphic organizer (teacher version/size and student size)
- 160 illustrated word wall/flash cards. 16 illustrated colour cards presented in black and white (suitable to be coloured) and in colour for colour printing.
Tell me Features and Benefits (All Levels)
Use restricted to a classroom of up to 30 students at one time or up to 30 students receiving one on one support or instruction in small groups. Material may be reproduced within confines of terms noted above.